Removing rebar from the ground?

In that case, I prefer to use my 36" bolt cutter - faster and save my cutting wheels for some other projects and I don't have to drag my electrical cord or air hose around. If the rebar is over 5/8" I use my portable band saw.

Reply to
# Fred #

Drop a short length of black-pipe over the end, and bend them into a hook, then put a rope around them in a timber hitch, run the rope over a sawhorse, then under a sandbag and yank them out with a truck.

The sawhorse is to make the rope pull UP, the sandbag is to pull the rebar to a stop when it comes out of the ground like a kinetic-energy weapon and tries to vaporize the truck.

But if the rebar won't come out, why not just drill the replacement timbers to match?

Reply to
Goedjn

I don't think he intends to stretch the rebar longer, just break it away from what's holding it.

Reply to
mm