Removing pomegranate stains

This is probably somewhat off-topic, but I've been searching through other boards and sites and can't find a solution to this problem. I cut through a pomegranate earlier today, and the juice squirted all over the place and onto my pretty white kitchen curtains. Does anyone here know how to get rid of pomegranate stains? I'm beginning to think there may not be an effective method of stain removal because I read that pomegrante juice is often used to dye clothes!
sorry that is so funny, my wife recently got into pomegranates, and i am noticing purple stains all around our house. There are even stains on our light switches. I swear I am living with a 5 year old. Not sure what to recommend with your curtains.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, they're VERY messy! In fact, I don't think I've ever cut into a fruit that squirted its stains in so many directions. I found spots everywhere, but the stains on the curtains are the ones that bothered me. Most of the other spots were on surfaces that are more easily cleaned. While attempting to research an effective form of stain removal, I learned that pomegranates are supposed to be VERY healthy, but I don't think I'll be buying them again soon unless I can cut them under one of those hoods that you see in Chemistry labs.
chemqueries wrote:

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/household/foodstains.html
Someone found that pet stain remover works also on pomegranante juice, but I never tried it.
Carpenter wrote:

Hi Carpenter,
Thanks so much for your help. I will look for that pet stain remover. It's definitely worth a try.
There is a powder in a plastic pail sold at flea markets (sorry, don't know the name) but you see them demoing it on carpet to get stains out. I use it and it does wonders. You put the powder (white) in a small glass with warm water added. You stir it up with an old toothbrush and them use the foam to rub on the stain. Best product I've used.
chemqueries wrote:

Joey wrote:

Hi Joey, Thanks for your help. You're not referring to OxyBrite, are you? I think I saw a big plastic container of that at Sam's Club.
chemqueries wrote:

be the same but not sure. The plastic tub says SUPREME on the front and contains Dupont teflon. Hope this helps.
-> This is probably somewhat off-topic, but I've been searching through -> other boards and sites and can't find a solution to this problem. I cut -> through a pomegranate earlier today, and the juice squirted all over -> the place and onto my pretty white kitchen curtains. Does anyone here -> know how to get rid of pomegranate stains? I'm beginning to think -> there may not be an effective method of stain removal because I read -> that pomegrante juice is often used to dye clothes! ->
You tried alt.home.cleaning?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~