Removing Adhesive From Formica

Tape has many uses but if you let it set for a full year (or more) before attempting to remove it from a Formica cabinet or metal file cabinet, the paper backing comes off just fine but the adhesive (being glue) remains behind.
I have several areas that will require addition elbow grease (and perhaps some petroleum-based product) before the adhesive will quietly go into that goodnight darkness.
There used to be a blue-and-gold can of Zippo lighter fluid that worked great but I am no longer able to find said cannisters. I've used Orange Oil (a cleaner made from orange rind) with mixed efforts; smells fine but not really a good replacement. I'm in an enclosed area with minimal ventilation so something mildon fragrance would be appreciated.
What products are out there have people used sucessfully lately?
Many thanks.
The Ranger
In forth:

WD40

Naptha works great!

goo gone or goof off
The Ranger wrote:

Lighter fluid is naptha, can color doesn't matter. Naptha is available at most any paint store, Lowes./HD, Ace, etc. and is cheaper than 'lighter fluid".
--

dadiOH
dadiOH wrote:

I suspect "barbecue lighter fluid" is the same thing.

You suspect wrong.
--
Peace,
BobJ

goo gone and goof off work well arent flammable and arent toxic