Remove or re-use cement front door stairs?

I have an old house that I am trying to do some landscaping on. One of the problems that I have is that there is a solid cement block stair way (three stairs high) that is leading up to the front door. The front end of this stair way is sinking into the dirt so it is no longer level. I am hoping to add some new stairs using brick (landscaping retaining wall type brick) but I don't know how to start? Should I try to salvage the existing stairs or should I just get rid of them and start over? Any suggestions?
Thanks Derek
On May 17, 9:57?pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

if they in otherwise good shape jack them up, dig a slot under them and slide in a auto jack, then move them up.
a friend has one this a couple times over the last 20 years.
if the concrete is in poor shape, better be rid of them
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) says...

Knock them apart, cast a decent footing for a set of stairs, and start over. If they failed once, they will do it again.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
On 17 May 2007 18:57:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Is it really solid, or hollow? how long did it take to sink down?

I am not positive that it is hollow. I have been in the house for 4 years and they have been that way since I have lived there.

settlement of concrete steps is pretty common, jacking them up is near free, its just a little time.
why not give it a try?