Remove chalk line

Greetings,
I borrowed a recently filled chalk line today and when using it, I got a lot of the chalk on my brand new roof. Any thoughts on how to get it out? It is red chalk on a "weathered wood" color 50 year shingle. it is about a 3' x 4' area.
The first thing I tries was compressed air. Fruitless. I was thinking of putting a sheet of bitchethane up there and letting it sit for a few days then pulling it off. Waddya think?
Any suggestions welcome. Tnx
Paul.../NH
PW wrote:

Calvin Cooldige said "If you see ten troubles rolling down the hill toward you, chances are nine of them will roll in the ditch before reaching you."
Hippocrates said: "First, do no harm."
The Fat Man said: "Do as much nothing as possible."
Leave it alone.
JerryMouse wrote:

(snip)

Thank you. I thought I might be overlooking something, but in light of your wisdom, I proudly present *MY* solution...
Rain. It is your friend. HTH.
--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.

lot
3'
If it was blue chalk, it will wash off or disappear shortly. Now if it's red, orange, green or any permanent color, you have problems. Being it's red, it's permanent.
powerwasher?

It
days

Yup. I have some from my pool project I am testing. We have had about 46" of rain since June, including 2 hurricanes. The red chalk on the concrete is fading a little but the line is clearly visible
Greg wrote:

Is it true that blue disappears more easily?
Blue is the temporary stuff, it will come off with the hose.
Sorry, red is going to stay.

I wondered what the difference was. I now know to avoid red.

<snip>
I did a small roof job on a shed this year. Color brown. As I am colorblind, neither red nor blue would work for me. Found white. Not only does it come off, it comes off too easy. To finish the job (just some ridge work) on a hot day, I used the hose to cool down the shingles. Line disappeared with the first touch.
Harry K

Oh My God...... You gotta be kidding........
Do this: Go to the bar and get drunk. Then, do a rain-dance. Keep drinking till it rains Your troubles will be washed away.
*OR*
Replace the roof !!!!
<< Any thoughts on how to get it out? >>
Have you asked customer service at the manufacturer? They will have the most specific knowledge of the product. If you know what the stuff is made of, you can usually find a non-destructive way to remove it. Find the manufacturer's name on the container, do a Google search, etc. A simple phone cal, often toll-free may be all you need. Good luck.
Joe

Just bought 4 oz blue chalk made by Stanley. The instructions state "Warning: Chalk acts as a permanent coloring agent on some materials. There is no known way to remove it. Use accordingly". But as another poster said, rain is your friend.
Happy modeming, Bill
Hey Joe, you offered the first and only sensible suggestion, others were all wisecracks or "you shudda used another color. They were useless.

When you get the results from the manufacturer, please share with the group. I have some red lines on a metal building that are over 40 years old that I would love to remove. They get a little more faint each year as the paint oxidizes, so maybe I can get them off for good.

This might help; http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/resources/msds_red_chalk.pdf
Since the pigment seems to be iron oxide you might have some luck with an acid based rust remover.

This is Turtle.
When all else fails you can try some soap and water. Casters --- Sorry Castrol Super Clean and let it soak a few minutes and then use a water hose on it.
TURTLE
I agree, soap and water applied lightly with a stainless or steel wool pad should make quick work of it. will