regluing stick-on tile

The self-stick vinyl tile squares that are in my house have been discontinued. Can I peel up some where it doesn't show and reglue them to replace damaged tiles? What kind of glue? ... the regular tile glue? Should the old remaining glue be removed? how? Thanks
On Nov 17, 11:51 am, "AKA gray asphalt"

Try using a household iron. It helps loosen the glue and if enough glue exist on the tile it will help to reglue it. Lou

Interesting idea. Would a hair dryer work too?

I don't think a hair dryer gets hot enough, and it may be too direct. You may want to put something between the iron and the tile such as wax paper or tin foil. Lou

Keep in mind that vinyl will shrink if heated for a period of time. Gentle warming for only a breif time might be best. Good luck.
Joe