Refrigerator-year manufactured?

Hi,
I "inherited" the refrigerator in my condo and have no idea how old it is. I would like to take advantage of a rebate offer from the power company and purchase a new fridge. One of their requirements is that the old unit must have been manufactured prior to 1990.
Is there a way to figure out the manufact. date from the serial number or another number on the metal plate inside the fridge?
Thanks!
i cant see it from where i am at. i am afraid you are going to have to look yourself...
the date 'should' be on it somewhere.... if you cant find one, they probably cant either so just write 1988 in black sharpie on the back. i doubt their intention is to play 'date police' on your fridge.
randy

This is Turtle.
yes a lot of the serial numbers have date codes in them but one thing that would be real nice here. my crystal ball is not working and you might post the numbers and brand to let us see them.
One thing here you may look at is the manufactor tag will have in fine print Manufactored date on it. It will say DOM 03/88 or so.
TURTLE

Phone the manufacturer. If you read them the model number and serial number, they should be able to tell you when it was made.

Hi,
No make, model# mentioned...some age helps/tips.... http://www.applianceaid.com/appliance_age.html