Rebonding counter laminate

The plastic laminate has debonded from a short section of the edge of my countertop. It was originally bonded with contact cement, but I'm not sure whether it was water-based or solvent-based.
Can I simply rebond the laminate by applying either water-based or solvent-based contact cement on top of the original cement?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Darro
Darro wrote:

Yes. Just make sure there's no grit or other stuff keeping it from sitting flat before you start.
Work cement in as well as can and coat both surfaces then let dry to touch while propping laminate up before remating surfaces.
Darro wrote:

You could even try ironing it back on with a cool iron and a paper towel.\\