Re-setting dual-pane wondows?

Our living room window needed some work (the bottom sill was a bit rotted - I repaired it). I removed all three dual pane sections from it. I bought some black window putty (in roll form) to re-set the window.

My question: There was some type of grey plastic liner that surrounded the outer edge of the window dual-panes (it is like a thick poly plastic used for vapor barrier). It looked like this plastic was glued on with a type of contact cement. Should I put new plastic liner on? Is it necessary? Can I just apply the black roll of putty directly to the window and the frame?

Cory

Reply to
Cory Lechner

I mean "Windows" instead of "Wondows" of coarse (dummy)...

Reply to
Cory Lechner