ratus ratus! where art thou ratus!

Page 1 of 2
well
due to several factors and an open bag of dry doggie food(no dogs, but food for birds) i have acquired a ratus
not sure ratus ratus or norvincus but definitely ratus in the housus
so anyway after seeing the droppings and looking around in the early am, discovered it in all its furry glory
behind a counter sniffing up and more or less trapped
but got away, somewhere
so cleaned this and that and looked all day and door generally shut and no chewed this or that or holes that i could find.
put out lots of little pellets and bars and stuff inside and out
so?????
where did the sonofabitch go??
bill
he went home.
Home Bozo. thats you. Rat loser
snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com says... :) so????? :) :) where did the sonofabitch go?? :) :) A lot of the kitchen and bathroom cabinets will have a kick plate that does not go all the way to the bottom of the cabinet. Or in the corners of the cabinets or where the cabinets meet a wall many times there is a large opening, once again at the kick plate. If he has gotten accustomed to the house he may be in the underside of a couch or mattress.
--
Neat site:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/p

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
You guys are so funny.

lot
Usenet has two choices. Flaming intolerance, or hysterical. I usually choose hysterical, but not always.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Don't look now - he's right behind you :o)
Never had rats. Had mice every year when the weather turned cold, and one mouse trap usually took care of the immediate problem, along with storing food products in wall cabinets and in tin or plastic containers. Had a small fire late one night, when the dryer started smoking badly but nothing in the dryer was burnt. Called the FD because I didn't want to go to bed and wake up dead. Nice fire fighter pulled out the dryer and found the Dog Chow carefully stowed in the burner chamber of the dryer. Apparently the warmest, coziest abode the mouse could find. My first suspect would have been one of the kids, but they were too young to pull the dryer out and take it apart (yet :o)
One summer afternoon, I was watching the neighbor's dog that had started barking for water. Hot day, dog tied to tree, 2" deep path worn in circle around the tree - you get the picture. I noticed critters running from the tall weeds in the field behind us, to the food bowl, back to the weeds. Quite a few trips, one at a time.
Don't let them in, and don't let them eat your food. Simple.

well don't know where he/she/it/shit spent the day on mon but returned mon night
got into the bag a little bit
but also got into a couple of the little baggies of rat-munchies
and this is weird, so maybe he got the thristies from the stuff, a couple leaves were torn off a christmas cactus and chewed on
what do you think?
bill

Hold on, let me bend over and take a look. Yup, his home away from home, up my ass again. Oh Artie we miss you so. AHR has fallen to pieces without you.

I spoke with Art several months ago. He told me he sold his company to a nephew andaone of hsi employees and is playing golf just about every day. He is now teaching an online tile clinic for Better Homes & Gardens on their website, and that is how I found him. He told me that even though he still helps amateurs, the major difference between doing so for BH&G versus a news group such as this one, is that there is not the usual nonsense inherent to usenet, and he doesn't have to waste time correcting those who shouldn't give advice due to their lack of knowledge, etc.
Look him up. I was able to email him through the website.
-May Allah Bless You-
wed ratus update
well
didn't see it all day into the night
6am wed
look around shows a really cool shade of blue rat shit, obviously the bait had been thru the rat!
but presence has been reducing in size
now about 15% of the initial trails
so ?
bought more rat goodies and your basic rat trap
we will see tomorrow
bill
ratus day 4
son of a bitch ate the piece of beef and fat right off the trap without setting it off
less pellets of poop
still a dayglo blue brown
??hmmm??
more than one rat?
bill
I hope you catch them , they stink for a long time when dead, tie the bait to the trap
rattus, day five
well cleaned up the poops
put out more bait here and there
re-baited the trap with some ham and tied it on
this morning's report
trap tripped, still have ham, no rat
tiny bit of droppings
but still go him her or them
considering going to some industrial place and borrowing one of those traps you see outside of the buildings
more rates newus to come
bill
I got a Hav-A-Hart at a nursery.
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:45:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com wrote:

Just face it. He's probably smarter than you. He doesn't leave food around for you does he? Be positive and try to train his objectionable habits. Set out food and water. Put a litter box where he poops. And don't try to pet him right after making a peanut butter sandwich.
saturday rat report, a little late
trap not tripped
1 pellet maybe, maybe missed clean up
bait in crawl space con summed
getting better
bill
we will see in the morning
Don't let the bait run out. More chance of them becoming bait-shy.