Rain barrels: First Flush vs Swirl

I added a swirl filter I made out of spare parts to the setup. After the first two rain storms I realized too much crap was getting in. I could only hold the water for less than a week because of the crap and high temps.
The Aussies primarily use first flush systems but I over heard some guy mention a swirl filter so I thought I'd give it a shot mainly because I can't think of an easy way to make a first flush. This one is small but rain doesn't usually come in very fast from the divert-er. I think just over half of the water gets in. Keep in mind I made this from spare parts. I made an even smaller one out of a 1 gal pitcher for my 80 gal setup. I'm betting the water will be slow enough for a tiny swirl to be effective. Either way... I may learn something.
http://www.safaricabs.com/swirl2.jpg
http://www.safaricabs.com/swirl 1.jpg
http://www.safaricabs.com/rain.jpg
dw
On 9/17/2016 6:03 PM, dream weaver wrote:

should be
http://www.safaricabs.com/swirl1.jpg