Radiant Floor heating - nonliquid?

Or if it does not last as long as the venders claim it will. Obviously, we don't have 50 years of experience with it.
I know it has temperature limits. If using a boiler, better have a hi-temp monitor/safety.

Interesting; I thought they always started at the outside wall side of the room, and returned from the inside. But I didn't lay the floor, just designed the GSHP controls and installed them.

The idea was you can disconnect that one loop and use the other.

The house I refer to had them cast in ?3-6"? of Gunite, with random slate as the surface.
& no one will talk to a host that\'s close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX

I'm talking degradation, not sudden pressure failures...I'll let you find out if it's true...your tubing is easy to replace.

Well, it was that or propane; and the 10 years since have proven the wells a wise choice.. but it was lots of capital. [3 wells, ~250 ft deep.]
I don't have any pictures. I think there are 12 floor zones and 6 FCU's used for AC as well.

We installed a spare 40 gal in case of a GSHP failure or lengthy power outage. My SWAG showed it would keep the house about freezing. It's never been used; when occupied & fed, the 2 wood stoves can drive you out onto the porch in a blizzard, if fueled with pine.
The desuperheater feeds the domestic HW tempering tank.

Hard to damage concrete with a little water.

This IS slab; installed at construction. Yes, it is slow response.

No way. I have to think but I recall our upper limit is 30C. With a GSHP, it costs exponentially more to raise the loop temp.
& no one will talk to a host that\'s close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX
Pat wrote:

Tell me more about how this electricity 'leaks' please.
Are you 'trailer trash' by any chance ?
Graham