Raccoon Problem

Shoot the cat; stop put out cat food. Problem solved.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So, get a gun.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yup. They sell some very nice .22 caliber spring-air pellet guns these days.

Reply to
mike

these days.

Reply to
Rob Mills

Ammonia works well. For future reference, it's easier to hunt nocturnal nuisances if you install motion detecting lights, and it's a good home security addition to boot.

While I'm sure you can find a .22 pellet gun quieter than a standard .

22 firearm (and certainly quieter than a 357), I don't pretend to know which one is the quietest. Subsonic ones probably have an advantage for noise.
Reply to
mike

Reply to
Rob Mills

Bow and arrow is very quiet.

Reply to
Phisherman

Think mines.

Reply to
HeyBub

And I think you can get a crossbow without too much trouble, which is easier to operate.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

The thing about arrows is that if you get a non-lethal hit, the neighbors/press will get nosy about who is shooting "wildlife" with arrows. An arrow sticking out of an animal is pretty visible.

Reply to
mike

Put Cyanide on the tip.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Dangerous

As an old bow hunter, I can tell you that an animal rarely carries around an arrow sticking out of it. If arrow does not penetrate completely and pass through, it will either fall out or break off.

What ever op does, he should do surreptitiously as local regulations vary all over the place. I've been trapping and releasing. Even released a squirrel once in front of a county cop. Now I find regs say you can trap but not release. You could trap a non game animal around here and legally kill it but game animals are controlled by fish and game people. Some laws make no sense.

Also forget poison - that's asking for trouble.

Reply to
Frank

i too use a havaheart trap and relocate them ..btw, i know they hate moth balls

ds549