Question on tacking up Romex inside a cabinet

Hi, I have a wood floor to ceiling cabinet in this house I bought. Inside, underneath a shelf, is a 14 gauge Romex line that goes from the wall on the left to a box with an outlet on the right. The Romex is stapled to the underside of one of the shelves.

Is this even close to being code ?

Does the wire need to be run through a conduit ?

I've seen other wires just stapled to a board on a wall, like the 110 line for a washer in a basement.

Thank you.

Reply to
roger61611

As long as the shelf is fixed, not movable, and the cable is securely fastened, I don't see a reason why not.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks ! I'll help throw that tea, too.

Reply to
roger61611

Does your local code require conduit? I know to most here this is a silly question, but in Chicago-land area, everything must be in conduit, or BX allowed for short fixture runs only, no exceptions.

Reply to
RickH

I can ask a friend of a friend on that.

Chicago doesn't even allow PVC plumbing, do they ?

Reply to
roger61611