Putting plastic over open faced insulation

Hi all:
I have a fireplace bump out with insulation on all four walls. Three of the walls that join to the outside have no paper on the insulation. Should I staple some 4 mil plastic to the studs over the insulation on the inside of the bump out to prevent condensation?
There are no vents or conditioned air in the bump out.
Thanks, RB

You would need to check local code if you want to do it. Fiberglass does not burn, Kraft paper and plastic do.
Since it is not a heated area I would not bother.
Colbyt wrote the following:

If the furnace is being used, it is much more than a heated area, unless I misunderstand the post (and I may have).
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY