Pulsing lawn mower

taken everything apart and cleaned and put it back together figuring this shouldnt be a problem. Well the problem was it had the wrong cap on it. I walked down to my brothers house and checked on the back

Same thing hapened to a fellow at work. He said his riding mower would start and make about a round of the yard and quit. I asked him to check the vent and the next day he reported back that he had mixed up his gas can and mower gas cap.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Could still be starving for gas. Could have a diaphragm leak. (sucking air) or gunky linkage that is sticking.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Lots of good ideas folks! I really appreciate it!

Reply to
Calab

Telling us how you fix it will be appreciated.

Reply to
Oren

I took another look and I think the little silver spring is installed wrong. I believe it should be attched loosely in the big loop on the throtle linkage.

Jimmie

If it's what I *think* it is it should have only the slightest tension when the engine is stopped. Is it a very weak spring about 2 inches long (or so)?

Reply to
Ulysses