PT 4x6 as shed footers?

I am building a small shed. I was planning on using concrete blocks in the corners as footers, but neighbor has put out some PT 4x6s and I am thinking they would be better.

I know they will rot out eventually, but 20 years is certainly long enough for this project.

Does it make sense to put the shed on a little box made of 4x6s? The ground is a thin layer of dirt over solid shale, so it should be pretty stable.

Reply to
toller

Perfectly acceptable. Around here, almost all portable buildings are build on skids of either 4x6 or larger for bigger buildings. Makes it easy to move if the need arises.

Reply to
Robert Allison

I did mine this way 17 or 18 years ago and no problems yet.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Mau

It's a normal process but against code where I am. May be legal where you are.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran