Propane lighting problem

I've developed a problem with igniting propane devices. When I try to light an insect fogger (which is fueled by a small propane bottle) the thing flickers for awhile then goes out. Same problem with a large outdoor space heater with propane tank. I light the pilot, wait about 15 seconds and turn to full on. The thing burns about 20 seconds, then goes out. Tanks are full in both cases.
Any ideas as to a solution to this problem?
Is it one of the tanks with the new saftey valve in it. Sometimes if you turn the tanks on their side the valves lock, Try turning the tank upside down for a minute , disconnect the gas line first
Did this happen now that it is cold where you are???
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math