Programmable Thermostat Wiring

I have identified wires G, O, Y, W and B on both my old thermostat and the LUX TX9000, which I'm attempting to install.

However, on my old thermostat, there are two additional wires, a R (red) and a T (tan). On the TX9000, I have a RH and a RC. What I need to know is how the R & T hook up to the RH and RC.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Chuck

ditch the T Jumper the RC RH with your R. HOWEVER beware that all O's & B's are NOT created equal. You will know when you "let the factory smoke out". Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

This is Turtle.

Hey I think I smell smoke here by RCRH to R being good but the smoke smell begins here when the letter B & O are in the picture and not knowing the type system it is BO ing. Well I see a T and a tan wire tells me he may have a American Standard or Trane. Hey I really smell smoke now. OH, I forgot about the screw in fuse at transformer.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

You are correct, it is a Trane system with a weathertron heat pump. Can you provide any guidance in plain English (unlike Bubba)? If I was a wiring expert, I wouldn't be posting here :) Thanks much!

Reply to
Chuck

bubba-boy, u get that name bending over in prison for the boyz?

Didn't ask you for any help and don't want any help from you since you are a loser. So go back to eating your doughnuts and don't forget your prozacs.

Reply to
Chuck

Whats wrong Chucky. Cant seem to read and understand the English language. The only one getting bent over is you , you stupid ape. Guess what retard. My thermostat works just fine. Too bad yours dont. I think I can smell the smoke from here. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

This is Turtle.

Well Chuck , You just told me that it can be wired up anyway the installer wanted to when he installed it. These heat pumps most of it be wired up by the instruction but they have some add on's that can change everything as to try to get how the installer wired it up. There is just no way I could try to attemp to try to see the wiring of the system over the internet for your wiring lokks like a wasp nest outside and I would have to just be there to try sort it out. Bubba knows this too and has spoke accordingly but just a little extra flare. If you would have said Trane Heat pump the thread would be much shorter.

No Way Chuck !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Good feedback Turtle. I have all the info I need from other sources and no thanks to bubba the jailbird or is that jailturd. Haven't run across anyone that lame in quite some time. Of course, I've never been incarcerated.

POOR BUBBA - YOU'RE MOMMA'S CALLING! OR IS THAT YOUR PAROLE OFFICER?!?

Reply to
Chuck

Ahhh Booo Hooo. Chucky. Your whinning is getting a little too loud. Poor baby. You didnt get the info you wanted for free from me so you had too look too hard. Now you're all wore out from all that finger thumping and weenie cranking. One day, you'll get over it. Now tell your sister to roll over. You've got a little more wound licking to do. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba