Problem with Warping treated posts

Reply to
jplasater

Now that we're getting more info about the install.............looks like straightening might be easier?

OP- You didn't answer my questions about the bow; simple single axis? bowed in two directions? are we SURE they're not overloaded?

If they're only bowed an inch in one direction, it can be straightened; SLOWLY

I'd use a minimum 4x4 steel square tube as a strong back

but how do we get them to stay straight????? (btw two 2x6's screwed to the straighened psot would take out about 70% of the bow) maybe get them saturated wet before straightening? a little wood bending strategy?

straighten & then let them dry out

are we sure this is easier than replacement?

how about just living with it?

good luck Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I've asked him about the twist twice. He's being pretty selective about what he deems worthy of an answer.

RicodJour

maybe he's shopping an answer?

a lot of folks do that

or by witholding information they think they're "helping" by "simplifing" the problem;

problem is, if they need to ask thye probably don't know which facts are importatnt & which aren't

inadequate problem description / definition usually leads to a sub-optimal (or wrong) answer :)

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Reply to
jplasater

Fookin' right you should apologize for wasting people's time.

Your original post said a 1" deflection, now it's half that or less? Sheesh.

The deflection is not from overload. It's a brand new house, ask the builder.

RicodJour