pressure washer hose question

I have to go and repair a pressure washer tomorrow. The hoses we'll be using may not even be the same size.
How do you join two pieces of hoses from these machines?
One of the things is how to get some kind of terminal onto one end of the hose. What do they use to go from hose to terminal?? Seems like it would be too much to use hose barbs with......
rb wrote:

Hi, Some hardware stores can put on fittings for pressure hoses.

Most all high pressure hoses use crimp on fittings that are matched for that size hose. The crimp diameter is critical and is maintained by the hydraulic crimpers dies.
Another rare type of fitting who's name escapes can be attached to a high pressure hose by hand. Basically the fitting is tapered to squeeze the hose when the two parts of the fitting are screwed together.
Just found a link to the field attachable fitting
http://www.sspfittings.com/products/brand_home.asp?brandF