Pre 2006 A/C comressor

We have pre 2006 2 ton A/C compressor purchases before the new regulations went in effect Jan 1st requiring them to be more energy efficient. Can we have someone install this compressor in a rental unti we own, or are we out of luck?

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

Why not? Regulations usually are for the manufacture and/or sale of an item, not for an installation. I'm sure someone will be happy to take your money.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes. The regulations mandating the new efficiency levels are for the manufacturers, not installers. They just can't make any new units that don't meet the standard.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

And offer no warranty.