Pre 2006 A/C comressor

We have pre 2006 2 ton A/C compressor purchases before the new regulations went in effect Jan 1st requiring them to be more energy efficient. Can we have someone install this compressor in a rental unti we own, or are we out of luck?
Doug and Patty

Why not? Regulations usually are for the manufacture and/or sale of an item, not for an installation. I'm sure someone will be happy to take your money.

your
And offer no warranty.
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:59:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Yes. The regulations mandating the new efficiency levels are for the manufacturers, not installers. They just can't make any new units that don't meet the standard.
Frank