possible leaky boiler??? GURU Help!!!

I currently own 15+ house I need some professional advice from boiler guru on my boiler problem. I am hearing a strange water drop noise coming from a smokestack or inside of boiler whenever it rains outside. I was thinking that water might be dripping through smokestack and|or maybe into the boiler's furnance. I've attached picture of my aging but working well boiler & smokestack. I've also attached dripping noise sound clip in the middle of page.

Oktokie

ps: Thank you in advance.

Reply to
oktokie

Sounds normal to me, like there's also an air-conditioner dripping condensate.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Thats a furnace not a boiler , do you have central AC . and whats

15+house , Im no guru
Reply to
m Ransley

HA HA Budys Here posted for all of us....

I don't know but after I listened I had to run to the bathroom...

Reply to
Tekkie

Replace that leaky water heater, there's nothing else you can do with them. It's only going to get worse.

Reply to
Rich

I looked the pictures and all I see is a gas furnace and a gas water heater. Where's the boiler???

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Okay,

I clearly made some mistakes. I meant 15+ years old house there. Plus, wet dripping noise only occurs when it's raining. I did check to see if water was dripping through smokestack, but I did not see any drip there. Maybe there's drip inside of smoke stack where it splits(one goes to water heater(I have mistaken it for a boiler) and the other goes to the gas furnace(heat exchanger?).

Is it normal for water heater | gas furnance | smoke stack to make a dripping noise when it's raining?

Please, disregard the wet ground, because I think the water is coming in from the leaky wall joint(what da ya know...I live in a cheaply built town house :( ).

Oktokie ps: Thanks > I currently own 15+ house I need some professional advice from boiler

Reply to
oktokie