plumbing below sewer line

Can you install working plumbing BELOW the sewer line? I'm looking at my basement and wondering if I can add plumbing or not. I'm strongly suspecting no, as the septic tank line is on the celing of the basement, so any waste-water would have to pumped UP - plus the unsanitary potential for downstairs sinks to turn into sewage fountains.
But I figured there's nothing hurt by asking.
Eigenvector wrote:

LOL I thought you'd never ask! <g>
http://www.plumbingstore.com/sewage1.html

Oh, that's cool. I'll have to take a look at it.
Thanks.

That's why they make sewage ejector systems...

This actually happens rather frequently. A pit and an ejector pump are what make it possible.
Devil's in the details though, but yes it's possible. Pit naturally will be below the drains on that level.
BestRegards, -- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
my father in law has one built into the toilet, so the sink drains into the toilet and everything gets ground up and ejected into the main sewer by a small line. works fantastic. he is a retired sewer plant operator
Here's another link.
http://www.saniflo.com /
--
Steve Barker