PLEASE HELP Contractor NOW wants money!!! (little long)

Page 3 of 3
"Nate" wrote

Should be:
You _sound_ really immature by using every excuse you can.
we al do it form time to yime! LOL
1) Yes, I have had his trailer for a long time.
2)Yes, for a long time.
3) Yes for a long time, and he couldn't use it.
4) No words were spoken over duration or monetary.
5) Your point being........??????????
P.S. one neighbor had cancer, next cardic, 3rd has deformed arm.. and the 4th who could help me ,worked weekdays and could only help weekends... which were raining cats/dogs.(now, he's trying to get daughter into college)
P.S.S. If I had KNOWN of the charges, I would've hired help for about HALF of what I am trying to be charged NOW!
"DaddyMonkey" wrote

Yawn.....More excuses....Typical of a deadbeat
"DaddyMonkey" wrote

What does you neighbors have to do with your responsibilities? That's my point! Are you helpless unless someone helps you? Moving dirt is not rocket science, even though you may think it is.
No. I'm not putting the blame on someone else.
No. moving dirt is not rocket science
Again I state my case, If HE had just told me BEFORE-hand of the charge being implied, I could have had this dirt moved by a landscaper for 200-300 bucks... now the bill is 550 plus.

Then offer to meet him half way, he gets money for loaning the trailer you got the use of the trailer. See what he says to that.
You're a good man, Rich.
I agree on meeting him half-way. no problem...
but half-way of 550 is 225. I could have paid LESS than that back in April, and been 'done' with him.
I feel betrayed
No contract then its up to a judge to determine the intention of the relationship. If your State is for/against verbal agreeements you could meet him halfway instead of going to court.
ASSuming on both your parts is the problem. Since there was poor communication by both parties each should accept some montetary compensation (discount) and some in the form of business education or experience.
There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. -- WCF http://www.utahhousevalues.com
Well spoken!
I liked the "business education" comment.
There are two fools in every market; one asks too little, one asks too much. Russian proverb
you can do this... you can do that...
..and what do you do when it's pouring rain outside and you have to cut the grass? Be a man? yeahrightsure
Don't gimme that macho BS!
Maybe within YOUR business you can afford on spending OTHER peoples hard-earned dollars, and I bet if you were to be a man (ie literate) and read the full posts AND IT BEING YOUR COMPANY, or YOUR hard earned dollar, maybe you'd think twice before posting some ignorant message such as " I am mighty and I can-do-it-all"
I am an ASE certified Master Automotive Technician (toot-toot) (really, I am)
(Hypothetical situation follows) You bring your car to me on Friday and tell me about a fluid leak. I do the diagnostics for free... and tell you about the coolant leak. "I'm sorry, but its your water-pump" "How much is THAT gonna cost me"?, you ask About $200, parts and labor...
You drop-off your car on Monday morning and the job is completed before lunch-time. NO repair orders have been signed.
Meantime, your 2.3 kids get sick, wife has been sprayed by a skunk, 3 hurricanes have struck... whatever
YOU call back a month from Friday and say, "It's going to be the following week before I can pick up my car..." ...but,I can't help you, because the manager is on vacation, HE makes all of the decisions. He will be back TWO weeks from now.
Monday, two weeks later, there's a message on your voice-mail... "HEY! This is Mr. soNso... your bill is getting excessive... there's a $50 per hour storage fee to keep holding your car here. What do you want us to do?
What WOULD you do?

I'd find out what the going rate was for vehicle storage and pay the shop that. I can't expect the shop to store my car for free. BUT your scenario above does not match your own, the extra 2 weeks from the manager is not in your situation. I would owe for the month at the normal rate, hardly $50/hour for storage.
- Robert
"DaddyMonkey" wrote

Very poor analogy... You seem to forget there has been a 5 months lapse in time period.

You probably should expect to pay something but a court might well not force you too. From what you say you had No contract at all oral or otherwise. If your state is a one party state with regard to recording telephone calls i.e. only one party to the conversation has to know a recording is being made then get the fact that there was no compensation specifically agreed to on tape and you should be home free.