PLEASE HELP Contractor NOW wants money!!! (little long)

Commercial contract with???

15 years ago?... just to get some firewood? Ya gotta be kidding me!

Yea, maybe I "dragged my ass" because I could only afford weekend help from my neighbor... BUT, he sure dragged HIS ass in explaining the charges!!!!!

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

Then offer to meet him half way, he gets money for loaning the trailer you got the use of the trailer. See what he says to that.

Reply to
Rich

That was "contact", not "contract". There is a difference.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

You're a good man, Rich.

I agree on meeting him half-way. no problem...

but half-way of 550 is 225. I could have paid LESS than that back in April, and been 'done' with him.

I feel betrayed

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

Making your point with-in other peoples type-o's is a very poor excuse for debate.

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

No contract then its up to a judge to determine the intention of the relationship. If your State is for/against verbal agreeements you could meet him halfway instead of going to court.

ASSuming on both your parts is the problem. Since there was poor communication by both parties each should accept some montetary compensation (discount) and some in the form of business education or experience.

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation. -- WCF

Darrell

You are either an accomplished troll or a freakin' idiot.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Well spoken!

I liked the "business education" comment.

There are two fools in every market; one asks too little, one asks too much. Russian proverb

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

First you retort to typo errors, now, insults.

Look who's being a "troll" in this situation

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

I vote for the second. I can't believe this guy is still carrying on about this incident. He is clearly in the wrong but keeps fishing for someone to tell him different. Then he can't even keep it in the same thread.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

True... I am an idiot. LOL

If I had only known before-hand of the charges, it would have put a fire under my A$$, and got me moving quicker. The weather hasn't been his fault, nor mine.

A bill of almost $600 (for out of nowhere) seems like a slap-in-the-face. But, like I said before, I'm an old country boy... and fair is fair in my book.

Life can throw ya some curve-balls. Things seem to come from out of nowhere. (remember Sept.11)

My wife of 27+ years is still the prettiest girl I've met! The

2-point-3 kids have new shoes/clothes and are back in school, and we are all healthy and happy...

When I look at the "big picture" , and how much God has truly blessed me, and the "curve-balls" that can come within life... I guess I have been lucky--- so far.

A 600 dollar "curve-ball" seems small when I look at the big picture.

My best wishes to all that replied, David

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

You probably should expect to pay something but a court might well not force you too. From what you say you had No contract at all oral or otherwise. If your state is a one party state with regard to recording telephone calls i.e. only one party to the conversation has to know a recording is being made then get the fact that there was no compensation specifically agreed to on tape and you should be home free.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

In most cases that's true but here from what he says there was no contract at all oral or otherwise. Without any mention of compensation for the use of the trailer it's a loan.

How do you figure a contract exists? According to the OP there was no fee set for use of the trailer.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

"DaddyMonkey" wrote

By reconizing your good fortune, you're truly richer than many millionaires.

Reply to
Nate

True! God has given me many more blessings then I can count!

I consider myself a "good ol' country boy"... Life has been very good to me, so far!

I think I'm gonna suck-up and pay this man, life is too short to argue over 600 bucks.

My father once told me, " If you feel like life is pacing-by too quickly, just wait until you reach your 40's". I am 44, dad is gone

My best wishes, Dave

Reply to
DaddyMonkey