please advice on how to remove frozen stem assembly

Hi,
I am trying to fix a leaky compression type faucet but the problem is that I cannot unscrew the stem assembly from the body of faucet. I had used calcium-rust remover and liquid wrench on the part then tried to unscrew with adjustable wrench and water-pump pliers but it just won't budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
- Eric
Eric wrote:

Have you been able to remove the bonnet/packing nut? What's the application: sink faucet? shower/bath? You might try a hammer blow on the end of the stem to loosen (not on a china sink though...)
Jim

sorry, my post was unclear. stem/packing nut is the part i'm having problem with, i can't unscrew it. the application is a china sink facuet.
- Eric
Turn stem to 1 half open and turn packing nut counter clockwise to remove.

Eric wrote:

As Joe said, the stem must be turned slightly before loosening the nut. If still a problem, you may have to resort to heat (on the nut) to break the corrosion.
Jim
thanks lots guys. turning the stem loose 1st did the job!
- Eric