pedestal sink installation - faucet stopped working

My girlfriend's pedestal sink was installed improperly.. the previous tenants hadn't bolted it to the wall at all. Today we decided to try to fix this. All went well until I tried to turn on the water again after the fix. It didnt run. The best way to show what I have tried so far is by the diagrams on this drawing I did:
http://angryjim.com/storage/sinkproblem.jpg
Can anyone see where I may have screwed anything up???
jimb wrote:

HaHa! Great graphics!
Is there an aerator screen in the spout? Unscrew that and see if it's clogged.
Beyond that, there must be a check valve or spool in the main casting. I would be tempted to whack it (gently) to try and shake it loose.
Or, get the mfr name/model and go to their web site for any possible info.
Jim

Awesome sketches!
Based on the "evidence".....I'd check for a clogged aerator screen
Let us know how it works out.
cheers Bob