Paver Patio Question - Please help!

I need some advice from the group. I recently spent the past week putting in a soft-set paver patio and I have completed the installation including the edging, but I have not had a chance to do a final compacting over the bricks to push them into the sand, nor have I put in the final layer of "in-between" sand that you brush into the patio from the top of the pavers.

The primary reason I haven't been able to finish this step is due to the weather. We have had rain the day after I was finished with installation, and it is forecasted to rain this weekend. Here are my questions:

  1. How long can I conceivably wait to complete the final step in the patio - the last compacting and installation of joining sand?

  1. If I need to wait for a few more weeks to finish this step, will I be causing issues with the patio in terms of stability appearance etc?

  2. Does the bedding sand underneath need to be bone dry before compacting or can it be somewhat damp?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Reply to
greatyetiofthenorth