Painting: Cut Once Roll Twice

I always use Benjamin Moor paint and my expeirence is that one coat can almost cover. You might have to do some touch ups here and there. But nonetheless, I always do two full coats.
This time around, I am thinking maybe I can just cut once and roll twice as you know rolling practically takes no time comparing to cutting.
So what do you think if I do that, will the result be acceptable?
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Acceptable to me? No. But you're the one that has to look at it and you're the one doing the work. Only you can decide if it's worth your time or not.
I always use Benjamin Moor paint and my expeirence is that one coat can almost cover. You might have to do some touch ups here and there. But nonetheless, I always do two full coats.
This time around, I am thinking maybe I can just cut once and roll twice as you know rolling practically takes no time comparing to cutting.
So what do you think if I do that, will the result be acceptable?
Thanks
I think it really depends on the colors used. If you're using the same color, or nearly the same, it is probably acceptable. If you're changing colors, like a dark over a light or vice versa, I think you'll need to cut twice as well.
We painted a formerly off-white wall deep burgandy a few years back. It took three full coats, and even after that I had to touch up a few spots. This was with a good quality Behr paint...
-Tim