Painting concrete slab

Over the past 30 years, I have used undiluted KEM-TEK MURIATIC ACID three or four times to clean and remove stains on a concrete slab.

Now, in some areas, the concrete is rough and my feet hurt when I walk on the slab with no shoes.

Will a concrete paint smooth the rough areas? What paint would you recommend? How should I prepare the concrete and apply the paint?

Reply to
gcotterl

Go to Home Depot and ask them what they use on their floor.

Reply to
Molly Brown

It won't smooth concrete, but it will make it feel smoother as it fills in low spots and coats everything. There are paints made for concrete that re durable and will probably do what you want. It may be easier to buy a pair of flip-flops though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Indoors or outdoors? What kind of stains? If it's indoors, a two epoxy will give a permanent smooth surface that will not take any stains. If it's outdoors, you could consider a pool deck coating or river rock like surface.

Reply to
Robert Neville

The concrete slab is an outdoor patio.

In the 1980s, indoor-outdoor carpeting (not artificial turf) was glued onto the slab; in the 1990s, it was removed. The muriatic acid was used to remove the remaining adhesive; drips of latex and oil-based paint; rust stains; dirt; and grime.

Reply to
gcotterl

? "gcotterl" wrote

Keep in mind, not matter what kind of paint or coating you use, it will require maintenance down the road.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski