painting behind toilet

Is there an easy way to paint a wall behind a toilet without removing the toilet or the tank? Thanks.
Use a Wooster Brush (http://www.woosterbrush.com ) Mini-Koter Long Handled Roller. You can see a picture if you type "R129" in the product search box.

Looks possible. Thanks.
--
It has been determined that research causes cancer in lab rats.

enough so that the wall looks one color? If the latter, tightly wrapping the tank in painter's plastic or Saran Wrap will usually let you get far enough behind the tank with a brush or edging tool to get by.

I would prefer to get completely behind the tank. Why? It's just part of my analness, I guess. If I know it's not done, it'll bother me until I do it.
I am getting the place ready to sell, though, so I may just go with the other option.
I had envisioned something like those "back washers" for the shower that you put on each hand and pull back and forth behind you. Don't know what they're called.
--
It has been determined that research causes cancer in lab rats.

Just get a new tank gasket, just in case, and yank the tank if your really have to paint back there....I guess it might not be a bad idea since many times you find mold back there from condesation. Dependant on your location...Happy Painting, Ross
A cousin and wife rented an apartment where the walls were painted EXCEPT behind the curtains.

Paint pad on the end of a stick?
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

In almost all cases a Long Jon roller handle and roller will roll behind the tank. This is a very small 9" roller.
Colbyt

Take off the lid and use a 1" paint brush to get as far in around the edges as possible. Nobody, except you, will ever know the center toilet area is not painted.

I used to paint with a friend, but had to stop because of his absurd attention to detail. The final straw was when he spent 4 hours repairing a crappy door framing that had done by the original carpenters 15 years earlier. Even he didn't try to get completely behind toilets. You do what you can reach and live with it.

Ya know, this whole thing is kind of educational. I've never looked behind anyone else's toilet, but always assumed it was always painted.

Interesting...in my case the area is clearly visible from the bathtub, where I love to sit for a while. I haven't painted behind there because I haven't figured out how to texturize that area. (The entire bathroom was spray-textured in the process of doing some other work). Anyone know how do to THAT without pulling the john?
Art