Paint sprayer & latex paint

I was trying to paint something with latex paint. I got a central pneumatic sprayer for farting around with this; I might end up just returning it. I have a Craftsman 6HP compressor that can go up to 120 PSI (the sprayer is only rated to 75 though). I can get water out of it but no paint.
I have never done this before, and I have had to dig for what might be wrong. The first thing I see is I'm probably in trouble trying to do things with this setup. Latex paint is just too much for it. I also see notes about thinning paint, but nothing recommending doing that here--I assume it's wrong to do.
Is there a way I could make this setup work, or am I out of luck using my compressor to spray?
Floetrol is what I use for thinning latex using a SMALL compressor and a Critter gun.
On Fri, 26 May 2006 01:44:43 GMT, Adam Preble

On Fri, 26 May 2006 01:44:43 GMT, Adam Preble

I strain the latex paint before I spray it on. Small particles can clog the tip, even after being well mixed. I have never had to thin any latex for spraying.
Oren
On Fri, 26 May 2006 01:44:43 GMT, Adam Preble

Verify the spray nozzle is the right size for latex paint.
On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:35:40 -0400, NickySantoro

Most of the cheap sprayers are nozzled for very thin paint used on cars. Latex is much thicker so it needs a larger nozzle. You may not be able to find one for the cheap gun.