Paint Question

I am going to re-paint one of my bathrooms using semi-glossy paint for both ceiling and walls. I have already done one and found that where I brushed the paint on at the corners and where the ceiling and wall meet - it looked different than where I rolled it...different enough I had to go back over it again so it would look the same shade.

I've seen those pads at the store for painting corners. Does this eliminate these types of problems? Thanks.

Reply to
Dorot29701

Two coats is normal and usually eliminates this problem. I have never liked semi-gloss paint for walls or ceiling.

Reply to
Alan

Often the amount of paint you put on when you cut in is thicker than the amount that gets rolled on. Some of us are guilty of cutting in too far in advance of the roller and get a "hat-band" effect (not that I'd know anything about this, mind you...).

You can get hat-banding with the little roller pad as well as with a brush, but I much prefer the roller pad for speed and ease. I just don't have that steady a hand, although I have come to like a sash brush with the handle cut down.

Reply to
montana wildhack