paint/primer question

Opinions sought on the following:

Should the brand of your top coat paint be the same as that of the primer?

I ask this wondering if they are designed to "work together" for more than marketing reasons.

Thanks

Edee Em I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....

Reply to
edee em

You're kidding, right?!

Reply to
toller

I haven't ever gotten that impression. I usually use Z-Prime or BullsEye primer and they're not even in the topcoat paint business... I guess I also see no trouble with using the same company but wonder if you'd pay for the name. Like I said, I use Z and Bulls exclusively.

Howard

Reply to
Howard Moss

Use the right primer for the surface , the company making the topcoat may not make the proper primer.

Reply to
m Ransley

No.

Reply to
jeffc

there are some finishes for some things that i think it is a good idea to use the same brand of primer as paint.

but if we're talking about latex house paint here, no.

randy

Reply to
xrongor