P3 Kill-a-Watt Outa_Wack or the New A/C ?

I bought a new "super" eer a/c. Plugged it into my killawatt meter just to take a look at the energy consumption. A/C electronic panel lights up but the compressor does not kick on. Works just fine without the meter but won't work going through the meter. Watt Gives?
Jim2034204 wrote:

Did you exceed the amperage limitation of the meter? --Mike

No, its only a 6000 btu.
Its called surgeload, you exceeded your kill a what.
Jim2034204 wrote:

The P3 website says max current is 15A - I suppose the starting load of the compressor is greater than that and the meter's protective circuitry kicks in.

I emailed them.
P3 cant take a gen startup, it scrambles the circuit, try on other loads. Are you sure your wiring is good , ex. no ground leak
Some modern units momentarily take 9X surge. Kill a watt cant handle it. Try it on a frige , pump, etc . It could be fubar though.
I just tried it on a 8 yr old 8,000 Btu we had in the basement. No problem, avg about 500 watt running. I guess something in side the new a/c sees something where the p3 is and doesn't like it. Maybe its not as efficient as it claims. Hummmmmmmm