Oven duct problme

I have noticed that there is some grease dripping out from the duct connected to my oven onto the basement floor where subceiling has not been installed. The grease is leaking in a section of the duct where it is joined in a vertical section but the joint is constructed so that the lower piece of duct pipe fits inside the upper duct piece. The joint is riveted shut. The joint had been duct taped by the builder and the grease is dripping through. Any ideas about a good fix to this problem?
Thanks
Glenn
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 2, 4:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's no brainer---------------SAUTE VEGGIES !
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 2, 4:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

one more - terminology related - thingy........ "saute" in French means ' cook in water' ( for some unknown reason in American Englisch it means " cook with grease"...........). And I'm refering to the French meaning.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Which may be one of the reasons the French have so many sauces: to mask the taste of their dreadful food. If you don't use lard to cook, you better have a pungent sauce.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Saute means "jump" in French, as in cooking over high heat so that the food sizzles. Obviously cooking in water and high heat are incompatible. A classic example of something sauted would be sliced mushrooms, done over moderately high heat in clarified butter, so that there is sizzling and hissing going on. Done that way, you get a slight browning on the surface and the mushrooms are not water logged. Cooking them in water would produce a very different result.
So, if you have a reference that says saute in French means cooking in water, I'd like to see it.

Says a lot about your culinary experience and tastes.
If you don't use lard to cook, you better have

Wrong again. The French are well know for using lots of animal fat as part of their cooking. In fact, one of the great medical mysteries is that despite consuming saturated animal fats in large quantities, the French have significantly lower incidences of corornary heart disease.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It's the antioxidants in the wine they all drink. Liquid vitamins. The word is "coronary" BTW.
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I don't think so. Merriam-Webster and others tell us this:
"saute"
"Etymology: French, from past participle of sauter to jump, from Old French, from Latin saltare — more at saltation"
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What's an oven duct? What does it duct?