Outside vent height

I'm looking into replacing my furnace with a new condensing unit.
How high off the ground do the in/out vents have to be? A given is I'm in Chicago, zone 5, and can expect a couple of feet of snow. But its under an eave.
How about an external air vent(s) for fresh breathing air?
Uh, your installer should be able to follow the installation instructions. They tell you exactly what is needed.
I don't recommend self-installation of HVAC equipment. There are codes that need to be followed for your safety and the safety of your family.
If you must do it yourself, permit it and get a HVAC guy in and have him/her check it out.

As Heat Man said, but condensing units have an intake and exaust. And well above snow line

I have no intention of DIY. I am trying to figure out how/where all the vents are going to go on the house.
The wall the vent is most likely going to go through, I'd like to run a wheel chair ramp along it. Not to mention, bath window and vent. So the question is more like "how much space are they gonna take up?" than "how do I install it?".
I'm working as my own architect/gc, and will contract the work out to a HVAC pro. And I've got the code check series of books on the way, so I can check on all the details.