OT Exercise and food

Page 1 of 3
Thanks, Philo, for starting that great thread on blood pressure. I started to add this to it, but though it might be too much of a stretch....
I've been walking 1-2 miles every morning and it has done wonders for my eating habits. I don't eat or drink anything first but do drink a 1/2 liter of water during the walk. Then back home, I'm not hongry. How much do you chubby non-athletes (like me) walk and what time of day?
Funny thing - I have never been an early riser until I started these walks. Now that fall's here, I'm getting irritated because I have to wait longer each day for the sun to come up. I don't mind walking in the dark but don't want to get shot by mistake by a jealous husband.... hyuk, hyuk...
About foods.... I would like to know what regular food types can help keep the blood in good shape. I have always heard that peppers and vinegar are good. Every day or so I have a glass of water with a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey. Actually tastes better to me than soda and I have cut way back on sugary & diet drinks, although I still down a liter of Diet Shasta Cola about every day.
When they have one of those "lets interview 100 year olds" segments on the (pardon the expression) "news," a lot of them say the take a spoonful of Worcestershire sauce every day. Another one of my favorites, so that's a good excuse to (when the lovely miseries ain't looking) drink some right out of the bottle....
On 10/16/2016 7:06 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

I have a desert heat problem here that often makes outside walking uncomfortable. So I've gotten used to using a treadmill. I just set it at 3 MPH and walk daily for 45 minutes to an hour depending on the length of the particular Netflix episode I'm watching at the time.
On 10/17/2016 02:06 AM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

http://fortune.com/2015/02/25/warren-buffett-diet-coke/
On 17/10/2016 09:38, ralf wrote:

Diet Coke Exposed: What Happens One Hour After Drinking Diet Coke ... therenegadepharmacist.com/diet-coke-exposed-happens-one-hour-drinking-diet-coke... 2 Aug 2015 - In your opinion, are diet drinks (beverages which contain aspartame) more harmful than sugar laden drinks/food? Yes they are found in several studies to be actually worse: ... Diet fizzy drinks increased the risk of diabetes more than regular fizzy drinks sweetened with sugar. 2.

Yes, and I believe it. Never liked the diet chemical added sodas. I'd rather drink water or iced tea. I gave up soda years ago.
I use butter, not margarine too.
On 17/10/2016 11:06, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/17/2016 4:52 AM, Bod wrote:

You couldn't pay me to drink that stuff.
On 17/10/2016 17:22, Meanie wrote:

Agreed.

I hear of things all the time saying this is bad and that is bad. I ignore everything and eat and drink what I like.
And I drink diet drinks to avoid having sugar sat on my teeth.
--
Confucius say: "Man who sit on tack get point!"

(You've admitted being a chocoholic). I call that hypocrasy.
On 10/17/2016 2:09 PM, Bod wrote:

And you're surprised at that?
On 17/10/2016 19:58, Meanie wrote:

Not at all. He often contradicts what he says.

I did no such thing. I'd use diet chocolate if it was any good. But it would defeat the purpose. Drinks are to quench my thirst, no need for sugar.
--
Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger please.

I'm not surprised you can't follow a simple conversation.
--
It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go "Aaaaaaagghhhh!!!!" and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.

You offer no convenience of a conversation worth following. I prefer you vanish.

You jumped to conclusions with insufficient data. Typical fuckwit American.
--
My ex-wife was temperamental.
90% temper and 10% mental.

Oooohh, ouchie. If I had feelings, that insult still wouldn't hurt because I consider the source of it's announcer. Even you're own countryman knows you're an idiot.

It wasn't an insult, merely an observation.
--
I dialled one of those 900 numbers to get some financial advice. They advised me not to dial 900 numbers.

You are biassed. People in the group study cannot make observances of themselves.
--
Peter is listening to "Pogues with Sinead O'Connor - I'm a man you don't meet every day"