OT Dialect Quiz

Found on another group: http://tinyurl.com/k5zkj3v URL leads to a New York Times article featuring a quiz to determine where one lives or grew up. It worked for me and the other three or four commenters on the other group.
On 1/27/2014 7:28 AM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Them gize sheer dun guud. Pegg'd me at western NYS rot ahn.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/27/2014 7:48 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

According to test, I talk like Tony Soprano.
On 1/27/2014 8:11 AM, Frank wrote:

Gut a proplem wit dat?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Got me about right. Heaviest red around Yonkers NY), New York City, Patterson (NJ), Newark (NJ).
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The results were certainly close enough to have targeted me with a nuclear bomb.
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 06:28:10 -0600, Dean Hoffman

It had me in Shreveport, Mobile or Birmingham, unless I lived in Southern Maryland (the right answer)

Funny, it had me in the same place because I called a sub-sandwich a poorboy. I use the words interchangeably and only use it because that's what all the fast food joint call them. It did have me in The Southeast and up through the Northeast. I'm a native of Alabamastan but my mother was from Brooklyn, New York. As a kid I didn't sound like a native so I was given a hard time by the other kids. I've never used the word "y'all" unless I'm playing Hillbilly and need to ham it up. I'm more likely to use correct English and grammar. ^_^
TDD
On 1/27/2014 6:28 AM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Hmm, Stockton - Modesto, CA and Denver, CO. Been to all three, never lived near. But, I have stayed at some Holiday Inn's...
On 01/27/14 07:28 am, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

It put me in a place -- a state, even -- where I have never set foot, a place where I once spent three days, and a place I've visited only for a day at a time, maybe half a dozen times.
For some questions, none of the possible answers fitted my language usage.
Perce
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 06:28:10 -0600, Dean Hoffman

It put me between one town 15 miles away and another about 70 miles away. That's pretty close in my opinion.
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 06:28:10 -0600, Dean Hoffman

It's got me all over, from DesMoines, to Salt Lake City, to Fresno. I was born in the Midwest but spent almost all of the latter 2/3s of my life in the Northeast.

The second time through it put me in Indiana. The first time put me in Nebraska where I belong.
On Monday, January 27, 2014 5:28:10 AM UTC-7, Dean Hoffman wrote:

My father came from Washington State...my mother from Minnesota. I was born in Alberta, Canada. I was pegged as from the northern USA, from Des Moines to Seattle. I would say the quiz was well put together.

I disagree. It put my "most likely" cities in Kansas and Oklahoma, in which I have spent a grand total of maybe 36 hours, mostly driving through on the way to somewhere else. I have lived my entire life in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana, in that order (mostly Indiana).