Opening inground pool - where are pipe plugs (if) near filter/pump

This year I am opening our inground pool first time myself, but have a question - I found all pipe plugs in the pool and removed there, but I could swear there were more pipe plugs - I found just 3, but I left them 9. So I was wandering if anyone can direct me where usually other pipe plugs are located? I read in opening instructions that I have to remove pipe plugs in the area were pump and sand filter is located, but could not find them there. Where usually could they be?
Also, I have a spa attached to the pool. When I open spa it was full of water. I also checked return jets and they were not pluged. Is that a right winterization? I live in Toronto, Canada?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.