On demand hot water

I am interested in on demand hot water systems. I want one for a cabin where we need fairly hot water, but don't want to keep a lot of water hot all the time. Plus, in the winter, we use water from a tank, so need to run it through a separate line inside the house that won't freeze up.

Anyone have experience with these? Brand name suggestions? Caveats? Sites? Prices?

Our plumbing all comes up through one tree, so it would be easy to run three faucets from one, since we would only have one open at a time.

Suggestions appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

google is your friend. You fail to mention if your dealing with electric, or gas. I will assume gas. I can not imagine a cabin with an electric service big enough for a electric demand water heater.

I looked at several makes and models. Came to the conclusion that it was lots more expensive than a conventional water heater. There were no parts available locally. Conventional, just replace it in an emergency. My situation I could not justify the additional cost. They all work on a temp change principal. Colder the water the less hot the water when it comes out. My situation the temp of the incoming water is dramatically different in the winter time. So I would be getting "warm" water not hot.

My suggestion is look for a water heater for a RV. They might be smaller and have electronic ignition on them. I looked and looked for a gas tank water heater that did not have a standing pilot light. I did not find one locally so I settled for one that does.

Reply to
SQLit

I Have the small Bosch Ng 117000 btu ,in winter my water gets to 33f. I never have it on high in winter or the water is to hot for a hot water shower. There are 180000 ++btu Ng -propane models they are good for 2 showers. Bosch, Takagi, Rinnai are all good. Id be sure to drain the unit for freezing, instal valves in the proper area. My unit uses no AC it has 2 D cells for piezo ignition. Tankless are worth it and ideal for a cabin. Electric use to much power 120a for a small bosch.

Reply to
m Ransley