Older Oederlin tub faucet - any info?

I found an older handeld shower/bathtub valve setup at a junk store, but I haven't been able to find any info on the manufacturer. It's labeled "Oederlin" and "Made In Switzerland" on the valve body, and it says "Patented" on the end of the handheld shower hose. The guy who sold it to me thought it was more of a lab type faucet, however the lever to switch between the bath and shower is labeled "B-S" It looks like a chrome finish (not nickel), although I could be wrong.

Anybody out there know anything about this manufacturer? In any case, I'm planning to install it on my clawfoot tub, but I'm interested in both "restoration" and "having a handheld shower", and I'm curious as to how old this faucet is - I have no idea if this is from the 30's or the 70's... I'm pretty sure the existing faucet is the original, although the previous owner somehow replaced the spigot with a hose barb fitting so that he could slap in a shower attachment.

Thanks,

-Mike

Reply to
mikep7777

No idea of that mfg., but that style is still the norm in Europe, even in new construction and hotels. Vertical bar for the shower head to slide up and down on, and you can pull it off for hand held, etc. There is a catalog -- "Restorations," or the like that has all that sort of stuff. Google is your friend.

Check this:

professorpaul