Oil -> gas burner conversion

Oil fired hot water radiator system. Cost of swapping out the old oil burner to natural gas? Tank disposal?
I don't know, but if I had that type of system, I'd be trying to swap it out for a geothermal heat pump system.

how old is the system? i would use caution spending big bucks if bthe system is old and inefficent.
plus at least with oil you can buy in advance, natural gas your stuck and its going up too.
does your home have gas already? if not figure in the cost of new line etc etc
Frank wrote:

You want to swap in a complete new boiler, not just the burner.
You can DIY a (____guess BTU size here) for maybe 1 grand to 2 grands. Add 3 to 4 grand to have someone else do it.
Tank removal/disposal kind of depends on where it is located (in/out) and lots of local regs. Round number? Add another grand.
Is there some compelling reason to swap?
Jim

If you are switching fuels, look at all the options, such as the high efficiency units. Getting rid of the tank alone can be a few hundred bucks, but I was able to get rid of a few of them at no cost. Ask around and you may get lucky.
Be sure to get rid of the fillers though, there have been a few errors with automatic fills after the tank was removed.
Assuming one has a diesel auto and an otherwise unused oil tank, has anyone come up with a way to filter or bleach out Red Dye #164?

It burns out as you drive.

i wonder how many personal vehicles the feds actually check?