Odd size door alternative

Hi Gang, thanks for your advice on my former post. I want to put in a good, solid wood door, but I have a French Cottage style house, and a plain door would not look good. (btw, the current door is hollow plastic). I don't want a six panel door because the wood is so thin on the panels. So I have 2 alternatives: Get a solid door and try to make it decorative somehow...OR Build my own door.
any ideas? Thanks, Chas
: Hi Gang, thanks for your advice on my former post. I want to put in a good, : solid wood door, but I have a French Cottage style house, and a plain door : would not look good. (btw, the current door is hollow plastic). I don't want : a six panel door because the wood is so thin on the panels. : So I have 2 alternatives: : Get a solid door and try to make it decorative somehow...OR : Build my own door. : : any ideas? : Thanks, : Chas : : Grab a flat door, add trim to be what you want, even imitate panels if you want, and finish to your liking? Building a whole door leads to some interesting problems if you aren't experienced.
Pop
normally they can be dressed up pretty well with moldings, medallions, etc on the surface. there's some websites that specialize in architectural decorations.
hth bill

rider89 wrote:

for a house full.......interiordoors.com, not perfect, but reasonable for what they were, a fraction of the Brosco price