Number of junction boxes per run

Upgrading cellar lighting from pull chain incandescents to plug in fluorescents. 12/2 Romex. How many junction boxes (and hence connections) can I safely place along the main run? I assume twisted and wirenut secured connections will develop resistance from oxidation.

There's no limit.

This is not a consideration. Copper oxide is an excellent electrical conductor; aluminum oxide is not, but aluminum wire isn't allowed for branch circuits any more.
--
Regards,
No limit to amount of junction boxes, just the total wattage of a 20 amp circuit

My jurisdiction limits the number of "devices" per circuit to 10. Better check your local laws as your's may vary. Cheers, cc
but a junction is not a device.

was done in a workmanlike manner. A circuit rarely has even one junction box, other than the ones the devices are in.
Don Young
message

KISS.
I'd rather use a nice, roomy 1900 box for hooking up branches than an outlet box. Easier to cram wire nuts into, plus I've already got them.
Ferd Farkel wrote:
message

They have to remain accessible, remember.
If there's a reason for a junction, any box of ample volume by code is adequate; I see no reason to think why there would be an inspection problem--again, assuming reasonable circuit routing and so on...

Now would be a good time to add a switch. You can switch the plug- ins :) to all operate from the switch.

Or several switches. Not always necessary to have all of the lights in the same room turned on.