No Septic Tank?

We are leaving for Utah for two weeks in the morning. Any time after that, I would be happy to meet you and give you a demonstration. It is a method that works, and saves a lot of time and money looking for pipes.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I am going up to the property tomorrow. In this mountainous area, almost anything goes. I am going to go to the office where the records SHOULD be, and say I'm considering putting in a driveway, and want to know if they have any drawings. We are the third owners of the cabin, and original drawings, plans, and notes are unavailable.

We are on a self-installed water system, and have a couple of other gray areas that we do not want to draw attention to. The spring is at a point

50' higher than the highest property, so there's not a chance of infiltration from the septic systems. The system was designed and put in by a team of doctors, the original owners of the properties. It is currently maintained and monitored by a doctor. But, still, it's not 100% legal, so we try to attract as little bureaucracy as possible to our little corner of Paradise.

I'm going to do some more digging to see if I can get more clues. Being post 5 way bypass surgery with an artificial aortic valve, digging in hard soil is not one of my most favorite activities any more.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The National Ground Water Association dismisses the idea of water dowsing as "totally without scientific merit" and recommends instead "the use of proven hydrogeological and geophysical techniques for groundwater reconnaissance when its presence is not easily recognizable by drilling contractors"

mike

ROTFLMAO!

Dowsing doesn't work.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Steve B wrote: ...

That's a reasonable bet, but certainly not ironclad. In mountainous territory particularly, there _can_ be distant causes of head other than local terrain. Periodic testing if not done now wouldn't be a bad idea just to ensure conditions...

--

Reply to
dpb

How does that work when all of the houses are lower than the spring?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Ah, yes. Scientific facts that contradict reality. Some people have made careers out of it, like AlGore. It is not difficult to understand how people who are educated beyond their capacity can sit around and write papers on things they don't have a clue about. They're trained to do just that. Or paid for it. Bring me any premise, and I can provide an expert witness to refute it. It happens hundreds of times a day in our legal system. (Remember the "Dream Team"?)

There are MILLIONS of examples of the scientific community taking a stand on something, only to find out they were full of hooey. Or their grants were taken away, then the next year, they came out with a totally different "finding".

Coffee is good for you. Coffee is bad for you. Coffee is good and bad for you. Coffee doesn't make any difference. Which one is it? It depends on the day of the week, and which opinion is popular, and who you pay for the report.

As I said, I offered Oren a free demonstration when I get back in town.

It's kind of like God. You believe in it or you don't.

Who's right?

Everyone.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

[snip]

Never mind Oren -- demonstrate it to James Randi, and win a million dollars.

Doug Miller

Simplest is the case of the crest you're on being an intermediate and there's a hydrologic underground connection from the higher peak...

Ever wonder how the spring is fed if it's the highest point around? :)

--

Reply to
dpb

I would rather sell turnip greens on the side of the road, than fall off the turnip truck

Steve will be at the cabin digging for the septic with a shovel, but the dowsing rods only found the leech field. Imagine that!!

-- Oren

Oren