New sod question

Should I keep my new sod wet by long soakings (45 min), or several shorter more frequent ones (15 min)?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news:9z0Qp.195$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

The grass will turn yellow then die from lack of sun if you leave it too long. I'd find a place to lay it within a week, if I were you.

Reply to
Tegger

I'd vote for long.

So doing would encourage the roots to go down. If only the top 1/2" of soil is damp, the roots may stay near the surface.

Reply to
HeyBub

Whatever and as much as it takes to keep the ground under the sod wet. Here at this time of year that would be a sprinkler on all day long.

Reply to
Colbyt