New sill plate, old tie rod?

Repairing a shed. The old sill plate had a hole bored through, and a tie rod inserted, with an outer plate to hold it in place. The sill plate rotted away, need to put in a new one, but what would be best?
* cut groove in sill plate to accept tie rod (seems like it would weaken frame) * split sill plate here (seems even weaker) * cut plate off tie rod, bore sill plate, somehow weld/etc. new plate or some kind of cotter-pin assembly (least weakening of frame, best repair of tie rod) * forget tie rod, cut it off inside the wall * run new tie rod to other wall (would have to excavate)
When this wall is fixed, next year maybe, I may have to do some jacking of the walls to straighten the corners, so I don't want to leave the structure weaker than it should be.

Last tie rod I worked on was on the front end of my Ford truck.
anchor bolts on the other hand are needed to attach the structure to the foundation.
SQLit wrote:

If you don't know the answer, you don't have to make a comment. The tie rod is very certainly an architectural component.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_rod
I am speaking of a tie rod which runs from one foundation beam to another, common in 19th century construction.
where is the home? CA?
Stud ends ok?
w/o seeing the installation it's hard to give a perfect answer
I'd probably jsut notch/slot the "backside" of the sill & slide it into place.
If I'm guessing correctly the "tie rod" is part of the hold down system.
Drill the sill within a foot of the notch (both ways) & install an epoxy anchored anchor bolt to strengthne the notched sill Use Sika Sika-dur epoxy
cheers Bob