New Pool Pump: 1 1/2" pipes but 2 1/2" inlet/outlet

Hello,
My 1 1/2 HP Hayward Super Pump kicked the bucket, so I thought I'd upgrade and get the 1 1/2 Hayward Northstar, not realizing that the Northstar had 2 1/2" inlet/outlet fittings (vice 1 1/2" for the superpump). Can I just use reducers to bring my 1 1/2" plumbing to 2 1/2", or is that unadvisable?
Thanks, J
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:54:39 -0700, jeffhays wrote:

Have you looked at Lowes, Home Depot, True Value etc...? They usually have all kinds of stuff like that.

I have the reducers, I'm just curious whether that will cause problems with the operation of the pump, such as suction issues or pressure problems?

Yes.

Take it back and get the right one. (From the voice of experience.)
--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353