New Honeywell digital thermostat

I bought a new thermostat for my furnace. Apparently they're either make crap or want me to think I'm warmer than I am. It shows my room at 80 degrees where I like it but the other thermostat beside it registers 75 degrees and the alcohol thermostat across the room registers 75 degrees. I guess they want to fool the public into saving energy.
--
LSMFT

?

Has it settled down from when you installed it? It can still be reading body heat if you were handling it. Honeywell makes some of the best on the market. Anything can be defective though.

Its got a calibration mode, no its not crap. Nothing like that is ever 100% on when you get it. Did you know a good Humidistat is supposed to be calibrated every 6-12 months.
On 12/26/2010 1:32 PM, LSMFT wrote:

You can change that. It's all in the installation manual. Is it a vision pro?
--
Steve Barker
Steve Barker wrote:

Listen to all these know-it-alls. It's a RTH111 'NON_PROGRAMMABLE' thermostat. Says that right on the fracking manual.
--
LSMFT

So does non programmable mean non calibratable?
Joe
Joe wrote:

Evidently, no calibration instruction either.
--
LSMFT

LSMFT wrote:

Hmmm, Another case of RTFM?

Nope. If you read another branch of this thread, he finally reveals it's a "non-programmable" thermostat.
I guess you were supposed to read his mind, cuz he's all pissed off at everyone that tried to offer help.
On Dec 27, 1:19pm, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

He should have said non-programmable in the OP!!!!

What does that have to do with the temperature indicator?
--
LSMFT

So, sounds like it's defective and you need to send it back. It happens occasionally. I've had 2 Honeywell VisionPros and they've been excellent. You can pick them up on Ebay at reasonable prices and they are 5X better than the typical programmable. Features like vacation hold, where you can tell it to hold the current temp until 1,,2,3, 30 days from today and then resume the program at the time of your choice on that day. And adpative recovery, where you set it to return to normal temp for setback at 7AM and it figures out how much earlier to fire the system up.